Event Date & Time7/28/2020 10:00 AM - 7/28/2020 2:00 PM
Registration is now closed, however, there is still room to join. Please contact us to register at email@example.com or (916) 447-9832 ext. 1429.
Times listed are Mountain Time.
4 AZ Professional Development Hours
Session Description: RCAC trainers will review topics pertinent to the distribution operator certification. The content will loosely follow ABC’s need to know criteria. New operators or other utility staff interested in obtaining certification or general distribution knowledge should attend.
· Learn about monitoring, evaluating and adjusting disinfection in drinking water systems. Chlorine basics will be covered along with breakpoint chlorination and dosing.
· Learn about common laboratory analyses, common sample types, lab sample documentation. Field test basics will cover pH and chlorine residual.
· Review of distribution system common components and information.
· Learn to properly install and operate equipment pumps, motors, hydropnuematic tanks and more.
· Learn routine reactive and preventative maintenance approaches to distribution systems. Review line break repair procedures along with security, safety and administrative procedures. Brief review of common operator math concepts.