Water Leadership Institute
This event is now closed.
Event Date & Time4/21/2021 6:00 PM - 7/21/2021 7:30 PM
Times listed are Pacific Time
Water Leadership Institute
IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS SERIES, PLEASE ATTEND OUR ORIENTATION TAKING PLACE ON 3/31/2021 AT 6:00PM.
Meeting ID: 847 9978 4840
One tap mobile: +16699009128, 84799784840# US (San Jose)
+12532158782, 84799784840# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location:
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
877 853 5257 US Toll-free
888 475 4499 US Toll-free
Note: This program does not require that you have extensive leadership experience, only that you are interested in and motivated to fully participate in this program.
TIME COMMITMENT: Each session will be 1 hour and 30 minutes.
The West Turlock Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Agency (GSA), Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), and Rural Community Assistance Corporation (RCAC), are excited to invite you to participate in the 2021 Water Leadership Institute. You have been selected as a possible participant for the Institute, which has never been available in our region. The Institute offers a unique opportunity for water members and community leaders to come together and develop skills and acquire tools to become more effective as decision makers.
To participate in the Leadership Institute, you should meet two or more of the following criteria:
1. You live in these following areas with the Turlock Subbasin Boundaries: Ceres, Keyes, Turlock, Hilmar, Denair, Delhi, Hughson, Hickman, South Modesto and rural west of 99.
2. You live in an area whose water comes from a groundwater-dependent community water system or small water system, have a domestic well, or use groundwater to irrigate a small farm.
3. You want to learn about the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) and local water management, develop your personal leadership skills, and are committed to providing safe drinking water to your community.
4. Your water has been contaminated or you have run out of water because your well has gone dry.
Participants in the Institute will meet virtually (over Zoom) for a 90-minute session once a week, every Wednesday, for a duration of 15 weeks during spring and summer 2021, starting on April 21.
Because space is limited and the Institute is free, we ask for your commitment to fully participate and stay in the program the entire time. Please review the schedule to make sure it works with your other commitments. At the program conclusion, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Participants will receive $30.00 stipend in a form of a gift certificate for dinner for each session attended.
The registration link below registers you for all fifteen (15) workshops as part of this series.
The 15 sessions will be held on the following dates from 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM:
• Workshop #1 | April 21
• Workshop #2 | April 28
• Workshop #3 | May 5
• Workshop #4 | May 12
• Workshop #5 | May 19
• Workshop #6 | May 26
• Workshop #7 | June 2
• Workshop #8 | June 9
• Workshop #9 | June 16
• Workshop #10 | June 23
• Workshop #11 | June 30
• Workshop #12 | July 7
• Workshop #13 | July 14
• Workshop #14 | July 21
• Workshop #15 | Graduation | July 28
For registration questions, contact:
(919) 447-9832 ext. 1429.
For information about the workshop content:
Ana Lucia Garcia, Manager at Environmental Defense Fund.
(415) 559-6615 (text or call)