Rental Counseling and Eviction Basics: Series 1 of 3 072621-10
This event is now closed.
Event Date & Time7/26/2021 10:00 AM - 7/26/2021 12:00 PM
Times listed are Pacific Standard Time
Rental Counseling and Eviction Basics: Series 1 of 3
This training does not qualify for CEUs/credits.
Certificates will only be issued to paid or scholarship registrants at the conclusion of the series after the post test is received.
Date & Time:
The Rental Counseling and Eviction Basics webinar series will be held on the following dates and times:
July 26 | 10:00AM-12:00PM
July 28 | 10:00AM-12:00PM
July 30 | 10:00AM-12:00PM
Join us for an exciting three-session workshop which will review basic rental counseling practices and how to adapt these basic counseling steps to address rental challenges during the COVID-19 crisis.
Participants will learn:
· How to explore the common national affordable rental programs used by federal and state agencies
· How to examine basic concepts and eligibility criteria used in affordable rental housing programs
· How to examine legal issues involving landlord and tenant lease agreements
· How to review the usual steps in an eviction process using a generic national eviction model and provide tools housing counselors can use with clients to help navigate these eviction challenges
· How to investigate solutions relevant to the current COVID-19 eviction crisis
· How to evaluate the CARES Act Eviction Moratorium, CDC Temporary Eviction Moratorium, and Rental Assistance Program and extended Eviction Moratorium
This training will be hosted on GoToTraining.
Scholarship & Fees:
Scholarships are available for the first 75 registrants. You must work for a HUD approved counseling agency to receive a scholarship. The scholarship code is HCOE.
If you are employed by a for-profit agency, there is a $50.00 per person fee to attend the training.
Registration is invalid if this fee is not paid at time of registration.
You must register in advance and have a valid email address to register and receive the course link and materials.
The registration link below will register you to attend the 3-part series.
For event content questions, contact:
(916) 447-9832 ext. 1019
For registration questions, contact:
(916) 447-9832 ext. 1429
The work that provided the basis for this publication was supported by funding under a grant with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The substance and findings of the work are dedicated to the public. The author and publisher are solely responsible for the accuracy of the statements and interpretations contained in this publication. Such interpretations do not necessarily reflect the views of the Government.