Board Roles & Responsibilities 040820 6PM
Event Date & Time4/8/2020 6:00 PM - 4/8/2020 8:00 PM
There are many responsibilities attached to serving on a water authority board. Many board members are unaware of the scope and breadth of these responsibilities, which range from fiscal responsibility to environmental compliance, ethics, avoiding conflicts of interest, and familiarity with state and federal laws.
Participants will learn:
- Why a public drinking water supply system must operate as a viable business
- The concept of capacity development Technical, Managerial and Financial (TMF) elements, and how each of the TMF elements are interrelated
- The key legal responsibilities of governing bodies in the oversight of a water utility
- Board practices that can help water boards stay informed and respond proactively
- This workshop will give participants the information and resources they need to understand a board’s legal responsibilities, and become proactive and informed board members.
- Recommended audience includes system managers, new or existing board members, and those considering serving on a water system board.
California Drinking Water Contact Hours: 2.0