Eviction and Homeless Prevention 2-Part Series 113021-10
This event is now closed.
Event Date & Time11/30/2021 10:00 AM - 11/30/2021 12:00 PM
Eviction and Homeless Prevention 2-Part Series
This training does not qualify for CEUs/credits.
Certificates will be issued to scholarship or paid registrants only after the post test is taken and received.
Date & Time:
The Eviction and Homeless Prevention 2-Part series training will be held on the following dates and times:
November 30 | 10:00AM-12:00PM
December 2 | 10:00AM-12:00PM
Eviction Prevention Basics for HUD-Certified Housing Counselors
The National CDC Eviction Moratorium due to the COVID-19 pandemic has expired. As a result, many courts have begun to work through their backlog of eviction cases. While the Treasury Department has made available $46 Billion in Emergency Rental Assistance funds under programs that have been available for several months, not all funds have been allocated to Tenants and their Landlords.
Join us for an informative two-hour workshop where you will:
· Examine basic rental counseling practices for Housing Counselors as we exit the COVID-era
· Investigate common negotiation strategies Landlords and Tenants will use to deal with unpaid rent
· Explore Eviction Prevention tools that all HUD-Certified Housing Counselors can make use of to assist this renter audience
· Review Federal Assistance programs enacted to assist renters in need of financial assistance resulting from COVID-19 impacts
Homeless Prevention Basics
Homeless numbers have continued to grow during this pandemic. COVID 19 has brought a spotlight into this area as the homeless population in our country needs protection and shelter and are particularly vulnerable. We will explore:
· The dynamics of homelessness
· Impacts to individuals, families, and communities
· What programs/resources are available to assist the homeless community
· Who the players are in this area
· Understanding the barriers that these clients face • How your agency can help/the role of housing counselors
This training will be hosted on GoToTraining.
Scholarship & Fees:
Scholarships are available for the first 75 registrants. You must work for a HUD approved counseling agency to receive a scholarship. The scholarship code is HCOE.
If you are employed by a for-profit agency, there is a $50.00 per person fee to attend the training.
The registration link below, will register you to attend both sessions.
Registration is invalid if this fee is not paid at time of registration.
You must register in advance and have a valid email address to register and receive the course link and materials.
For event content questions, contact:
(916) 447-9832 ext. 1019
For registration questions, contact:
(916) 447-9832 ext. 1429
The work that provided the basis for this publication was supported by funding under a grant with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The substance and findings of the work are dedicated to the public. The author and publisher are solely responsible for the accuracy of the statements and interpretations contained in this publication. Such interpretations do not necessarily reflect the views of the Government.